I put on two Lures during Enigma week and this is what I caught...

 What I caught off two lures: experiment

Image Credit: Niantic

2 Lures

This past week during Enigma week, I went out to one of my usual Pokemon Go spots in the Atlanta area. This spot is a terrific spot because there is about six PokeStops all clustered together on the same street. I decided that I was going to park next to two PokeStops and put on two separate lures on each PokeStop. On one PokeStop I used a regular Lure and the other a Magnetic Lure. The image above shows my postiton and the two PokeStops. 

My goal from doing this was to see which lure was more efficient and had the bigger imapact on catching Pokemon. I counted every Pokemon that appeared within the 30 minutes the lures were on for. For every Pokemon which ever Lure it was the closet to when it appeared that's the one I counted it for. There was no Pokemon that spawned in between both lures to make it a tie. For every Pokemon in this experiment I tried to catch every one while also using a regular Razz Berry on it as well (so it was like I was trying to catch every single Pokemon).

1st Lure: Regular Lure

These are the Pokemon that I caught under the regular Lure: 

  1. Staryu x 2
  2. Paras 
  3. Baltoy x 5 
  4. Ralts 
  5. Murkrow
  6. Hoppip
  7. Lunatone 
  8. Spinarak
  9. Minun
  10. Elgyem
  11. Wurmple

Fled Pokemon - 2 

Total Pokemon seen - 18 

Total Pokemon caught - 16 


So the two Pokemon that ran away seemed like they were going to flee anyway. They fled after the first ball and I saw a similar pattern with this on the Magnetic Lure as well. So looking at this we have 9 out of 16 Pokemon that are being featured for Enigma week. Which is something to expect I guess seeing so many Baltoy on this lure is a surprise. 31% of Pokemon caught on this Lure were Baltoy. I would've liked to see more Elgyem, or Cleffa, Igglybuff, or Jigglypuff instead of so much Baltoy.All together 16 Pokemon caught in a 30 minute span under this Lure averages catching a Pokemon every 2 mins. Other than that this Lure was kinda worthless I did not catch anything that I really needed.


2nd Lure: Magnetic Lure

  1. Skarmory
  2. Magnemite
  3. Onix
  4. Solrock x 2
  5. Lairon
  6. Alolan Geodude
  7. Illumise
  8. Lotad
  9. Baltoy x 4
  10. Venipede
  11. Beldum x 2
  12. Whismur
  13. Wurmple
  14. Nosepass
  15. Elgyem

Fled Pokemon - 2

Total Pokemon seen - 22

Total Pokemon caught - 20


The Magnetic Lure definitely better than the regular lure. I was very pleased on picking up an Onix, Magnemite, and Nosepass the others I could live without. This Magnetic Lure followed two similar patterns of having two Pokemon flee and lots of Baltoy. Off the Magnetic Lure I caught 4 Baltoy, which would be 20% of Pokemon off this. In total I caught 9 Baltoy (25% of all Pokemon). Which agian I understand that this is a featured and frequently spawned now in the wild because of Enigma week Pokemon, but it just feels like an extra 2 or 3 to many. This Magnectic Lure I caught 20 Pokemon in total. Now its always a little confusing because of course Magnemite is relative from this lure, and I assume anything that is steel is relative like Beldum, Lairon or Skarmory. I assume rock-type Pokemon come from Magenetic lures as well given Skarmory, Solrock, Nosepass, Onix, and Alolan Geodude. So if that's the case I caught ten Pokemon that were relative to being caught under the Magnetic lure. Exactly half the Pokemon caught in total off this lure. Still got more Pokemon caught from the Magnetic lure than the regular lure, with an average of catching a Pokemon every minute and a half. In total I caught 16 of 36 Enigma themed Pokemon (just shy of half).


From doing this I learned that if you are going to do a lure or even an Incense during a special event week where some Pokemon are being featured more frequently in the wild expect to catch more of those (maybe around 40% of themed Pokemon). Also expect to have a few flee even if you throw a Great throw with a Razz Berry, it will just happen. Be sure to follow @SimplePokemonGo for more experiments, tips, and updates.

Image Credit: The Silph Road
 

 

 

 

 

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ways to Evolve Eevee

Special Weekend Event -May 29th- 30th :Guide

Current Raid Bosses: As of Aug. 21st, 2020